In this interactive session designed for children aged between 7 – 11 years we will cover the following:
HATE CRIME / BULLYING
- What is hate crime?
- Acts of racist and religious hate behaviour
- What is race and religious hate crime?
- The implications of a hate crime
- The damaging effect of racism, anti-religious prejudice and bullying on those targeted
- What you should do if you are affected by hate crime or bullying and how you can get help
- The importance of creating a safe profile on social networking sites
- How easily personal information can be given out online without users realising it
- The age limit for registering an account with Facebook, Instagram and other social media and why this is needed
- Definition of cyber bullying
- Examples of the dangers of instant messaging
- Simple social media ground rules to protect personal data and help keep users safe online