This page is not just about teaching you which dangers to avoid but also includes ways of keeping yourself safe.
Did you know that YOU can make a difference in helping to keep your home fire safe? Well, you can, and it's easy! Here are some things that you can do:
- Keep your eye out for fire hazards, and alert your parents if you see any concerns.
- Ask your parents to make a family escape plan.
- Using your family escape plan, practice with your family what to do if you see or smell smoke, or if the smoke detector sounds.
- Remind your parents to test smoke detectors once a month.
- With your parents help, write on your family calendar two times a year to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
There are a lot of interactive games and quizzes for you to play too, For example the ‘Stranger Danger’ quiz will help you understand that some strangers are dangerous, it's important you to be aware that there are some adults you can ask help from if you are on their own and in trouble.
There is also the Pod Police Driving School that will help you navigate your way to Police Headquarters without hitting any of the cones on the road!
Remember If someone is in danger or a crime is taking place, phone 999.