Groups are given inputs by our Police Community Support Officers to raise awareness of the effects alcohol and drugs misuse can have on the individual in the short and long term.
Individuals will learn to;
- Understand the dangers of and identify new psychoactive substances, formerly called ‘legal highs’
- Explain the risks and effects from drinking of alcohol and the misuse of drugs
- Outline the impact alcohol and drugs can have and that their misuse may result in a criminal record
- Identify long and short term consequences due to alcohol and drug abuse
- Discover how behaviour can change for the worse after drinking alcohol
- Identify the vulnerabilities alcohol and drugs can expose people to