Groups are given information to raise awareness of the effects alcohol and drugs misuse can have on the individual in the short and long term.
Individuals will learn to;
- Understand the dangers of and identify new psychoactive substances, formerly called ‘legal highs’
- Explain the risks and effects from drinking of alcohol and the misuse of drugs
- Outline the impact alcohol and drugs can have and that their misuse may result in a criminal record
- Identify long and short term consequences due to alcohol and drug abuse
- Discover how behaviour can change for the worse after drinking alcohol
- Identify the vulnerabilities alcohol and drugs can expose people to